Over the festive period, the family and I were cooking up a storm in the kitchen, from gingerbread houses to mince pies. The kitchen really is our favourite room in the house, the heart of the home!
A place for families to come together to make something that everyone can enjoy whilst catching up or unloading from a stressful day.
Because we love spending time in our own kitchen so much, I really wanted to create that same feeling for when my guests come to stay in my short-term holiday rental, which I have come to name the ‘Little Lodge’.
In the Little Lodge, I thought an open-planned kitchen would be perfect to keep families together. I wanted my guests to feel right at home, as if it was their own and they’d never left.
I imagined that one of my guests would be cooking, the other setting the table and the children sat watching tv or reading a book on the sofa – all in the same room. I loved this idea of sharing each other’s company whilst still doing their own thing!
To create this vision, I chose cream cupboards, dark grey tiles and oak worktops with these exciting Autentico colours:
- Versante Matt in Silver for the walls
- Versante Egg Shell in Casa Blanca for the window and door frames
- Vintage Mystique and Yellow Roses to upcycle tired furniture
I wanted to keep plenty of space for a dining table, so friends and family have that special spot to gather and eat. I already had an old table and 4 chairs that I wanted to upcycle and make as a main feature, with green and yellow tones to contrast.
So, with the help of Autentico Vintage and Autentico clear wax, I managed to make a true staple piece that ties in the kitchen and living room space.
With Autentico paint, I know that:
- I’ll have 5 years UV protection, so keeping the Little Lodge looking clean will be really easy and low maintenance
- A built-in water membrane feature is added so I can wipe away any dirt (very handy for guests with children and pets)
- There are no nasty chemicals, with eco-friendly binders to help the environment
I really am proud of this Little Lodge and hope all my guests love it just as much as I do!
To create your own perfect space, head to Autentico Paint to pick up your favourite colours.